Sunday, February 13, 2011

This, That, and Another Thing

Despite the warmer weekend, I stayed in most of it, relaxing, watching some movies and of course doing work for work in preparation for a presentation.   

I finally saw Piranha 3D on Saturday night.  Wow, what a movie.  The 3D shots were nice, especially underwater and of course the babes.  The movie is Girls Gone Wild meets Jaws with a whole hell of a lot more gore. The amount of mutilated and mangled corpses stock piled up every minute the people just swam around panicking with no help coming from the police. The police were simply useless in coordinating any sort of plan to save people.  And the scientist character played by Christopher Lloyd could have at least given them some sort of way to at least hinder the Piranha’s voraciousness. You would still get the the blood and guts (which went on for a good 15 minutes), but you would have at least a little sense of the cops attempting to handle the situation.  Their only attempts to stop them was to use shotguns and a boat’s motor as a chainsaw.   Was the 3D part worth it? Yeah, to a point. The naked swimming babes: awesome.   The underwater part where the piranha’s fight over a certain mangled male appendage and then spit it out toward the viewer was a bit much.  The movie wouldn’t to be on my top list of favorite 3D movies, but it will make a nice one to check out from time to time.

I mentioned in my last blog post about Slumdog Millionaire. Well, I saw it at Best Buy when I was out shopping for 3D movies and decided to buy it too.  Was it good? Yeah, it was good. The rags-to-riches story was nice.  I wish they had a few musical numbers in it (other than the one at the very end), but it was a real treat to see Anil Kapoor in it.

One last thing on movies.  I talked about two movies I saw (and purchased) this weekend. The last one I purchased and will watch tonight is Step Up 3D.    I’ll blog on it next time.

So, I have been blogging in no particularly direction for a few weeks now (this is my fourth post) and I am already thinking of a second blog.  The topic?  Writing.  I started blogging because I wanted to write more.  I hoped to not only get better at it and have others see my writing, but also help me break out of my usual writing style: essay format.  I’ve always loved writing, but ninety-nine percent of it has been in essay format for school so I naturally developed a  voice where I am trying to convince or tell the reader directly about something rather than through characters. This has caused me to have a very difficult time completing a story (I’ve started many, but never completed one). So, I came up with an idea. I will continue to blog normally and work on my various stories (Fly Me to the Sun and Coffee Man), but will also work on one-page short stories. This help me to work through my ever present problem in writing of not being concise enough and also a chance to put pen to paper for some of the other ideas I have that may or may not be worthy of a longer story but are certainly worth a miniature story.  

So when will this other blog start?  Well, I am almost done with the first story.  It’s called Day 167 and as soon as that is done, the blog starts and then I plan to put up a new short story every week or every other week.  There will be a link from this blog to that blog (and any other blogs I start up) as this is the main place where I just talk about whatever from week to week.  

Well that's about all I have. I have to finish up a bit of work, watch some movies (Step Up 3D and a bollywood one), so I’ve got a busy night ahead.  If all goes well this week, I will probably have two new blog posts, one on fitness and how I am tackling Warrior Dash, and the new short story blog featuring Day 167.   


All The Best

No comments:

Post a Comment